Wednesday 20 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (21)


WAITING ON WEDNESDAY is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


The Dark Unwinding by Shanon Cameron
Pages: 352
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pub Date: September 1st 2012

Synopsis:

A spine-tingling tale of steampunk and spies, intrigue and heart-racing romance!

When Katharine Tulman's inheritance is called into question by the rumour that her eccentric uncle is squandering away the family fortune, she is sent to his estate to have him committed to an asylum. But instead of a lunatic, Katharine discovers a genius inventor with his own set of rules, who employs a village of nine hundred people rescued from the workhouses of London.

Katharine is now torn between protecting her own inheritance and preserving the peculiar community she grows to care for deeply. And her choices are made even more complicated by a handsome apprentice, a secretive student, and fears for her own sanity.

As the mysteries of the estate begin to unravel, it is clear that not only is her uncle's world at stake, but also the state of England as Katharine knows it. With twists and turns at every corner, this heart-racing adventure will captivate readers with its intrigue, thrills, and romance. *From Goodreads

Why i'm waiting:

First off all, the cover is so gorgeous! Moving on i haven't read steampunk that much so i'm really looking forward to reading this. The synopsis of this make me want it even more! '  A village of nine hundred people rescued from the workhouses of London. ' What? Definitely reading this! And a love triangle? I think i've said on so many blogs that i don't like love triangles that much but know i can't resist!


The Splinders by Lauren Oliver
Pages: 256
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pub date: October 2nd 2012
Synopsis:

When Liza’s younger brother Patrick’s soul is stolen by the evil Spindlers, spider-like creatures who live underground, she knows she must set out on a heroic quest to the world Below to rescue it. * From Goodreads.

Why i'm waiting:

I haven't checked out middle grade books that much these days. Then i saw this. Don't you think this sounds so so good! And it's done by Lauren Oliver! Author of many good books such as: Before I Fall, Delirium series and Liesl and Po! Don't hate me but ... i haven't read any of her works. And i think it's sch a shame because they all sound so god, specially, the Delirium series. Last of all, I would like to say that i love the cover of this as well!

That's all folks!
What are you waiting on?

13 comments:

  1. The Spindlers is definitely on my TBR list! If it's Lauren Oliver, I'll read it for sure. Her writing is just fantabulous, and I know she can write anything and everything!! I'm excited to read it. =)

    Great picks!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for The Dark Unwinding. It sounds so unique! I also love the Middle Grade covers these days, I want a whole collection of them. XD

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ComaCalm's WoW Throne of Glass Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to agree with that! middle grade covers just have a thing to them. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, steampunk is actually something I've never read before. It sounds quite interesting, though!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's impossible to see "spies" and"steampunk" in the same sentence and not get intrigued! LOL and I actually kind of like love triangles too -- I find that they give you something fun to fight for x) But I can't believe you've never read any of Lauren Oliver's books before! I've read them ALL and she's an amazing writer. You should start with Delirium ;)

    Awesome pick this week, Bookworm! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read both of these books I love the covers, and don't worry I've never read a Lauren Oliver book either although I own most of hers, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those both loo very interesting! I love spies books- so i will definitely check the first one out :0 Thanks for sharing!
    my WoW is http://ilovebooksclub101.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Dark Unwinding sounds interesting. I haven't read much steampunk so I definitely need to try more. I love Lauren Oliver but haven't read her younger books. I have heard they are great! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, the Dark Unwinding is on my TBR list already!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Vanya D. @ YA Story Teller

    ReplyDelete
  9. These aren't highly anticipated by me but I would definitely read them if I came across them once they're released! I love the covers for both! Thanks for stopping by my WoW (: New follower.

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love steampunks! I hadn't heard of these ones but I love the covers especially the first one. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed Delirium of Lauren Oliver, so I think I should check her Spindlers. And The Dark Unwinding sounds really interesting and the cover is beautiful. Great picks! :D

    Thanks for dropping by! ^^
    Kari Po-Ku Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks, they look like really good books especially The Spindlers! Hope you get to read them soon :)

    Thanks for stopping by, Sangita!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...