The Catastrophic History of You and Me
by Jess Rothenberg
Publisher: Penguin Young Readers Group
Pub Date: February 21st 2012
Getting carried i forgot to add one thing i didn't like in this book was that Brie got carried away with her revenge! And i felt really sorry for Ryan.
It's final. I have ' totally, madly ' fallen in love with The Catastrophic History of You and Me!
When she hears those four words ' I don't love you ' Brie heart splits in two (literally!) Brie is dead. She can't believe that her heart was split in two with a clean cut in the middle. Now she's falling and doesn't know where she is. Until she meets Patrick in Little Slice of Heaven. Brie knows that somewhere she has seen him before but can't place it in her head. Patrick notes down all the phases she's going to go through: Denial, anger, bargaining, sadness and acceptance. Denial - Brie can't believe she's dead, but still thinks that she needs to get revenge for a broken heart. Anger - Brie wants revenge. Bargaining - Brie can do anything for revenge. Sadness - Did she really want revenge? Acceptance - maybe, dying of a broken heart is the only chance of repairing a broken heart.
The Catastrophic History of You and Me is what i call a master piece. I have so many things why you need to read this book! Therefore, this is why i'm writing 5 reasons (which is not enough reasons to say why it's and amazing book!) why you need to read this!
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me has a mind blowing plot that gives you every drama that you could have in a life. When Brie was alive she had a lot of things on her plate but when she dies she knows now that everything that was on her plate was not enough of what she knows know.
- Oh, my. Ooooohhhhh. My, my, my. The romance in this book in this book is catastrophic! Ryan, Bries boyfriend that broke her heart is in hell of a trouble and she can't forget him. Patrick is a cute but annoying and cocky. But there is something in there.
- Jess Rothenberg writing skills are outstanding! One moment you're hooked on as if your life depends on it and the next you're crying and laughing at the same time. I know right?
- The emotions that the reader feels reading this will make you cry. In record timing i was already crying when i was at the 10th page! Can you believe it?
- You will not forget this in your whole life! I am pretty sure that The Catastrophic History of You and Me will stay in your head for the rest of your life even though you may not like it.
Get your hands on this ASAP!
About the author:
Jess Rothenberg grew up in Charleston, South Carolina, graduated from Vassar College, and spent most of her twenties editing books for teens and middle grade readers (like the bestselling titles Vampire Academy, Strange Angels, and I Am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil & I Want to Be Your Class President, to name just a few). She lives in Brooklyn where she writes full-time, dances interpretively, and dreams of one day owning a sheepdog named Leo.
The Catastrophic History of You and Me is her first novel.
Learn more about Jess Rothenberg at: